The Shop Theft Reporting System allows employees of a Retail Business to report a theft of merchandise, with a value under $5000, where the suspect is NOT in custody.
If the person responsible for the theft is in custody please call the Greater Sudbury Police Service at 705-675-9171 to have an officer dispatched to your business.
When completing a Shop Theft report, please:
- Ensure that you are an employee of a retail business. If you are reporting a theft that does not involve a retail business, please click here to file a Theft Under $5000 report.
- Provide a detailed description of the incident along with a photo of the party involved in the theft, if available.
- If video is available, please retain a copy of the video of the incident as it may be required for court purposes.
- Include a detailed list of all items taken along with a value for all items.
- Provide any suspect information, if available.
- Ensure that you have a valid email address.
Filing a false police report is a criminal offence.
Greater Sudbury Police Service