Welcome to the Greater Sudbury Police Service Vulnerable Person Registration.

Frequently Asked Questions

If I don’t live in Greater Sudbury, can I still use the registry?

To use the registry, the vulnerable person must live, permanently or temporarily, in Greater Sudbury. If they do not, check with the local police service where the person resides, to see if they have a similar registry.

Will I need to quote the Report Number after I register, if I call the Police during an emergency?

No, during high stress situations, there is no expectation that you remember the report number. However, you should indicate that the individual is listed on the Vulnerable Person Registry. Greater Sudbury Police will be able to verify the report number using the vulnerable person’s name or address.

Who has access to the Registry?

Greater Sudbury Police personnel and other emergency service workers (Sudbury Fire department and Sudbury Emergency Medical Service) who require this information during an emergency and in the performance of their duties will have access to the information. This information is used to help the vulnerable person.

Can I update my profile when there are changes? How?

The Vulnerable Person Registry can be updated; however, only information that has a significant impact on policing response will be necessary. Examples include; a change of address, school, or emergency contact. The information can be submitted online using a supplemental report under the registry.

Will I be notified when the annual renewal is required?

The yearly renewals of information are the sole responsibility of the vulnerable person, parent or caregiver. It is recommended that you renew the registration during the month of the registrant’s birthday.

After my child/dependent adult is registered, and if there is an incident, do I need to do something to notify the police?

It is preferable that you let the Police know that the individual is already registered. In doing so, the information will be immediately disseminated to the Police Officers without having to ask the parents/caregivers during a high stress situation.

How will this registry help if my child/dependent adult goes missing?

If the individual goes missing and is reported, the information about their physical appearance, the most likely places they would go, their triggers and stimulants, as well as, any de-escalation techniques, will be provided to Police Officers looking for the missing person.

Register Now

Greater Sudbury Police Service